bg rotator

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

bitter smile.

OH MY GOD

Doth my eyes deceive me? Is bitter smile. a japanese game title that's not only NOT all in caps but actually foregoes upper case entirely??? Ok, there's a weird and pointless period in the title but still, bravo Giga for bucking the trend with an almost regular English title.

I cannot be obedient for the palpitation... ok, well, it was a good try at least
This is the 2nd Giga title I've finished albeit in all its TGL consumer port censored glory and my 4th galge overall so I guess I'm on a roll. It's not like I'm even really that much into the genre, it's just that these games are taking up space on my Vita memory card and as we all know, Vita memory is FUCKING ridiculously expensive.

The Cero C censored (non) sex has nothing to do with my play preference
This game doesn't have a platinum trophy so it's not a good game for trophy whores. Who am I kidding? Dumb trophy whores don't care that! Out of the 583 owners who use psnprofiles, almost half "completed" the game in under 3 hours which is total bullshit. Incidentally, it took me a little over one month, which currently puts me at around #508, which is like the last page of the fastest (aka slowest) achievers. Doya!

Trophy whores everywhere I go
Putting aside my usual griping of trophy whores (where the fuck do they come up with the money to waste just for fucking trophies???) ahem, the game itself was so-so. My main crush was your kouhai Arikawa Chiseka but unfortunately, she's just a side character with no route. BOOO!

My kouhai... not sure what's going on here cause Cero C censorship
All the routes were pretty uneventful except for one, and even that was just kinda meh. There's not much to see here except for a very standard love story. However, one thing to note is that the Vita port was absolute shit. This must be one of TGL's earlier ports because the control scheme is jacked and worse, NO VOLUME CONTROLS!!!

L+X to save?? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK??
The backlog was shit cause you can only see ONE LINE at a time and weirdly enough you can stop the music so you can actually hear what they're saying but only in the backlog after you already couldn't hear it in the game itself. Anyway, long story short, if it wasn't for the sex which my delicate enlightened mind cannot handle, I would say the PC version is far superior. Except you know, don't be a filthy pirate and buy your game, etc. etc.

Reader XXXonepieceinyofairytaleXXX sent in this screenshot of the PC version (god damn filthy pirate)

Score: 2 ok ok, I swear my next blog post will be for a real game out of 5

Given the pretty vanilla, standard story and the awful piss poor job done of the Vita port, I'm gonna have to give this one a solid MEH score of 2... barely. If only the consumer port added some extra scenarios namely censored (non)sex with ultimate tsundere Chiseka, it might have gotten a bit higher score but alas, she will be forever unattainable (fingers crossed for expanded nintendo switch port??).

Bonus screenshots for the future galge museum

How the fuck developers make this and not make her a route? Goddamn tease.
Chiseka school of tsundere 101 (sorry non-jhipsters)
Hot damn! Is it ok to have this kind of language in Cero C?? (sorry non-jhipsters)

Seriously, the story is not as moving as the broken English tries to say it is

Scale
0 - Awful
1 - Bad and not worth your time
2 - Has some flaws but still enjoyable
3 - An average enjoyable experience
4 - A great game
5 - Masterpiece of a caliber only found very rarely

No comments:

Post a Comment